Monday, January 16, 2012

I Wish I Was

Every Tuesday I walk over from middle school to the elementary school and help around a kindergarten class for an hour. I get service learning hours for that. Anyways, I noticed the kids talking excitedly about being able to play with "ice" when they finished their work. Later on, they had opened a bin that always has some substance in it, whether it's water or sand, or who knows what! I walked over and thought, "why is there ice in the classroom, and why hasn't it melted?" Upon further inspection, it seemed like little watery, clear balls. They were practically minuscule, but all together I could see how it was snow. I reached to pick some up, but the kids frantically told me that I had to wash my hands first. Let me first explain that most kids in there LOVE me. They love to tell me stories and like to give me hugs and pictures that they drew in their free time. That's why I love kindergartners; they're so sweet and innocent (mostly, haha). So, as I went to wash my hands, one kid cried out, "She doesn't have to wash her hands! She owns the school!" The kids all just accepted this like it was perfectly reasonable, but I had to tell them that I didn't actually own the school. The snow was super cool, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment