Monday, September 19, 2011

A Mixed -Up Post

I finally got a retainer! But I'm not that happy about it. I am certainly grateful that its not that noticeable, and I do want to get it, along with braces, out of the way. The thing is...it hurts!!! It hurts taking it off and on, and then it hurts while off or on. I know that's its going to be good, and I'm not saying that it's all bad. I'm maybe just not used to the feeling, since I did just get it. Oh well. Lucy was very sweet and said I wasn't talking funny like I felt I was (though she did go on to complain how I never let anyone else drink apple cider because I drink it all myself).

Now I feel like talking about apple cider*. Anyone that lives in the same house as me knows that I am the biggest fan of apple cider you will ever find. I looooooooooooooooooove apple cider. I am alive because of (1)weekends (2)friends and (3)apple cider. I love to drink it hot or cold, but you can't beat Mom's spiced apple cider. Sometimes I'll just put some in a cup and warm it up for 30 seconds because it warms you up just as well as hot cocoa. Hot cocoa fans might think I'm crazy, but I think apple cider totally beats hot cocoa!

Apple cider makes think of Fall. As I had been saying earlier today, Fall defines me. I love Fall 100% more than any other season. I love the crisp air, the beautiful leaves, the perfect wear-a-jacket kind of weather. The food is always the best, because there's thanksgiving, the no.1 food holiday. And there's always pumpkin food, apple foods (Yes, apple cider!) different pies, I could go on for ever! And I would never forget Halloween (or my birthday being in fall, for that matter). I actually had a dream that I missed Halloween, and my sisters all had big bags of candy, and I had to ask them for candy, yet again**. I love how there is always a sort of excitement you can't bubble up that comes around during fall (during Christmas/Winter there's that magical feeling of love and happiness that I love, too). I feel like every one gains a certain energy in Fall. Why do people send their kids out during summer? It's too hot. We personally live outside during Fall, if not in school. I could go on and on about Fall, but it would be safer for me not to, because I would literally never stop! The only damper on Fall is that it means school. But i can deal with that.
*Apple cider even deserves it's own color!
**
Since in Junior High, we don't have little parties on Valentines day or season-themed parties (which is kind of nice because friends give you personal gifts, and its something they wanted to do, and weren't forced to do it so it means more) they all get a piece of candy for desert, I need something so they have to give me something, and don't worry, because I do fully appreciate this.

1 comment:

  1. Kate a bean,
    I LOVE YOUR POSTS. I did not know about you and APPLE CIDER. (I am not good enough to figure out how to change colors). I like Fall too, but not as much as you. I am old enough to remember when people did not have air conditioning. So you either sat in front of a fan or went outside, found a shady spot and hoped for a breeze. Sleeping some nights was awful. We also begged to go swimming at the local pool. We eventually got a back yard pool. We became the most popular kids in our neighborhood.
    You are right about not going out in the summer-because it is too hot.
    My only problem with fall is what comes next winter. I do not get that our ancestors settled here- why didn't they go to someplace warmer!!!!! Oh, It could have been worse, some of our ancestors settled in Canada "BURRRRR"
    Honey with those retainers- remember "Temporary inconvenience,permanent improvement."
    Try 2 hot water bottles, one on each side of your fabulous face and an ibuprofen- that may help.

    Enjoy Fall
    Much Love
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete