Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's Been A Little Shaky Around Here...

I bet you know exactly what I'm going to talk about, but I'm going to say it anyways. The earthquake. I was sitting on the couch and I actually didn't hear it when I heard Mom yelling from her room where she was putting Ruth down for a nap. I, of course, ran upstairs and I was TERRIFIED out of my mind because I thought something was wrong with Ruth. I had that feeling, where adrenaline pumps throughout your whole body and you're ready to do anything to stop the problem, but you also feel that you might collapse any second. And then I felt it. It felt like somewhere, miles underground, the earth (which it was) was shaking. I immediately registered this as an earthquake, and it was so weird because I never felt anything like it before. Now, I have told myself, as like a personal rule, that in any natural disaster to go downstairs in our unfinished section where there are concrete walls and is partly underground. I was SO stupid. I didn't include an earthquake, because I really thought I would never feel one. It was literally one of the weirdest sensations I've ever felt. So, in my panic (I was actually feeling somewhat relieved because Ruth was okay, and I was so worried that something was wrong with her) I went to the worst place to go during an earthquake. That was all in about 30 seconds. I was personally shaking so hard it was almost hard to believe it was over. After that little trauma, I thought I would go back downstairs to make up for the terrible impression I had made during the earthquake. I was never able to make that up. The girls were terrified to go upstairs (which is ridiculous) and joined me downstairs. Oh, and did I mention that the whole time Ruth was just waving at us, which is her way of saying 'night-night!'
I'm also really excited for this hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment